For those who are looking for the best faucet mount filter, the Culligan fm-25 Faucet Mount Filter is a great option. This water filter will help to filter out the bad odor and taste of faucet water. It provides a level 3 advanced filtration system to reduce lead, sediment, turbidity, atrazine, lindane, and cysts such as cryptosporidium and giardia. It has a life span of up to 200 gallons or about two months in the average household. The compact design is easy to install with no tools necessary for installation. In order to activate the filter you will simply pull on the diverter tab.
What Size Is It?
This faucet mount water filter has an overall height of 6.75 inches. The overall width from side to side is 3.5 inches and the depth from front to back is 5.75 inches. The weight of the water filter is 0.89.
What Tools are Needed for Installation?
This water filter features a compact design that is easy to install and begin using immediately. There are no tools necessary to install the Culligan fm-25 faucet mount water filter. It will fit on the majority of faucets easily. The compact design makes it the perfect choice for most kitchen faucets. To work, simply pull down on the diverter tab and you will have a glass full of filtered water ready to drink.
The Culligan mount water filter comes with a two year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
Pros and Cons
This is one of the best faucet mount filters currently available on the market. It comes with a recommendation from consumer reports. Some of the benefits of this particular faucet water filter include:
• Easy to install
• Mount fittings are made of metal and not cheap plastic like some of the other mount filters that are available.
• Easy to use
• The switch will pop back into place once you are done using this. This feature keeps you from wasting your filter when you are just washing your hands or the dishes.
• Water flows directly through the filter, which keeps the gunk from building up in other parts of the filter mount
• Water tastes better
• Reasonably priced
While this is a really good water filter, there are some things about the filter that some people may have an issue with. Some of the cons of the water filter include:
• If you move the filter housing as you are using your faucet, the filter can become loose from the faucet a bit and may start to leak. Simply tightening it again will fix this issue.
• There is a limited number of filters available. You may only find them online.
• There is no place to recycle the filters.
• When the filter is not being used the flow of water from the faucet slows down a bit.
For those who are looking for a quality faucet mount filter for their home, the Culligan FM-25 offers a quality water filter at a price that is affordable. The cost of this filter is around $18 to $20. The filter for the faucet mount will last about two months in the average household. Once the filter is used, it can easily be replaced without much issue.
Overall, this is one of the best faucet mount filters available for the price. It provides you with fresh, clean, better tasting water directly from your faucet. It also comes with a two year limited warranty, which will fix any issues should they arise. For the price, this is one of the best faucet mount filters on the market.